Date: Saturday, September 17th, 2016 from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Location: The Historic O’Neil Farm – 146 Winter Street, Duxbury
The eleventh annual Farm Day at the Historic O’Neil Farm this year introduces a collaboration with “Food for Thought,” the Duxbury Food and Wine Festival’s farm to fork experience. This year’s event is again free admission to all ages! A schedule of the day will be announced soon.
* A number of free talks and demonstrations will be offered throughout the day. Topics will be centered around thoughtful farming and thoughtful eating. Learn more about pasture-raised and grass-fed meats as well as the advantages that can come with bringing this meat into your family’s meals.
* Kids and adults alike can observe how animals live on a farm, including goats and cows (See a cow milking demonstration!), and even bees!
* Local farmers will be bringing in foods in a farmer’s market style approach! Browse local produce, jams and jellies, honey, local cheeses and herbs, handmade chocolates, as well as baked goods such as breads, pies, cakes, cookies, and more!
* Sample “thoughtful” fare at food booths from around the South Shore area, including Old Harbor Catering and Brown Boar Farm.
* Children’s activities and educational events are planned to keep the whole family engaged and having fun. Help your kids become more aware of the benefits of eating local and natural foods (while learning a thing or two yourself)!
* Get to know local farmers, and find out about local resources for thoughtfully raised meat, dairy, eggs, and produce.
* The whole family will enjoy crafts and games throughout the day.